- I’m getting toward the end of my second week of work at my new job. I think I’m getting a lot better at balancing my workout schedule (running and yoga) with my work schedule. Example: I normally try to get my long runs in on Sunday. Last Sunday I had the Shamrock Shuffle in the morning and had to work in the afternoon and evening, but I was able to get in my long run on Monday morning before work.
- Also, my new job is awesome and my coworkers are great. Win. I know I’m “just” selling running shoes/gear, but I’m helping people reach their running and fitness goals.
- I’ve gotten hooked on coffee again. I’ve been feeling a little tired before heading into work and there’s a Starbucks right across the street from my store, so I’ve been indulging. I’ve kept it to brewed/iced coffee in an effort to not spending a crap ton of money on coffee every day. I have now qualified to be a gold level rewards member, however.
- I got a haircut on Wednesday, which I’m loving. It’s my first haircut since I moved to the Chicago area from South Carolina. I’m so happy that I found a stylist that I can trust to give me a good haircut, and I’m loving the shorter layers, which make my straight hair look a little less boring.
- For those of you who are bloggers and want to become better bloggers, or if you want to start your own blog, check out Lindsay’s and Elizabeth’s and Cori’s recaps of the Blog Smarter Twitter chat last night. I caught snippets of it as I was reading through my Twitter feed this morning, but these ladies have done a really awesome job of synthesizing what was said during the chat.
- Today’s funny and slightly embarassing story: last night I had a dream that I was brushing my teeth and wound up spitting all over my pillow in my sleep. Time to wash the pillow cases.
Any other Starbucks gold level members out there?
What’s your favorite coffee drink?
I am a huge fan of the Starbucks gingerbread lattes. It’s probably a good thing for me that they’re seasonal.
Do you go to the same hairstylist every time you get your hair cut?
What are your plans for the weekend?