It’s time to link up with Fitting it all In for Five Things Friday!
Five great articles:
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Sweet relief for your tight, sore hips!
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
- Secrets to Success: 8 Minutes to a Stronger Core by Tina – The one where Tina reminds me that I need to get off my butt and do more core work. Thanks for the reminder, Tina, and for the great tips on how to get in a quick core workout!
- How to Avoid All-Day Post Long Run Hunger via Runner’s World – This totally happens to me, which is particularly awful when I have to go to work after running long.
- Why Barefoot Running is BS via Active – I liked this article because it addresses some of the popular talking points about barefoot running. It works for some, but for many people, like me, it’s a really bad idea.
- Best Running Advice Ever via Running Times – With a title like that, who wouldn’t want to read this article?
- Study: Cushioned Insoles Reduce Achilles Tendon Forces via Runner’s World – Recap of study results showing that using a cushioned insole may help with Achilles injuries. I also found this interesting: “It appears that relatively thin-soled, low-profile shoes may be advantageous for runners with knee injuries, while thicker, softer shoes may help runners with Achilles and calf injuries.” Also, where do I get a job writing up summaries of scientific articles about running? I have many degrees in science, am a runner, and have experience with writing for the public via my blog…
Who has big plans for the weekend?
I’ll just be working…not nearly as exciting as running coach training last weekend.
Loaded question: What do you think of barefoot/minimalist running?
Tried any good recipes lately?