Happy Friday! How’s everyone doing today? Recovered from Valentine’s Day or President’s Day yet? As I traditionally do, I’m sharing my top five favorite things of the week, along with some favorite links of the week, with Clare, Katie, and Heather.
My five favorite things of the week:
1. My new desk! I’ve been needing a better blogging workspace than my coffee table, so on Valentine’s Day Scott took me over to IKEA and I picked up some parts to put together this awesome desk. I was originally planning on something very simple, but I love that we found this option to put together your own desk because the drawers are really nice to have. Hooray for storage!
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
2. Orchids for my new desk. Scott also took me to the orchid farm for Valentine’s Day and got me a couple of new orchids, including my first Cattleya. The Cattelya is so fragrant that the entire office smells like orchid when the sun is shining in. Lovely!
3. My new hoodie from Athleta. I treated myself to a little retail therapy and picked up this fantastic hoodie at Athleta. The cowl neck is really cute and the hoodie is amazingly cozy. I think I may spend the rest of my winter in it.
4. The new issue of Yoga Journal. The issue’s all about mindfulness. What’s not to love? Looking forward to applying what I learn to my daily life!
5. New yoga music album. Speaking of yoga, I took my new phone with me when I went to teach yoga on Wednesday morning but it wouldn’t connect to the studio’s WiFi,leaving me without music for the class. When I got home I decided to download some music to have on my phone, just in case, and stumbled upon this great album (affiliate link). It’s just the kind of chill, soothing music I like to play during my classes to help my students relax and be present.
Blog posts & articles I’m loving:
Create Space for Home Practice via Yoga Journal – all about how to make a yoga sanctuary to use for your home yoga practice. Can’t wait to try this at home! (I’m sensing a future blog post coming on here!)
Building Your Blogging Brand Part II: Taking Action via Lindsay @ Cotter Crunch – Tax season has me thinking about how to combine all of my “hats”—blogger, yoga teacher, running coach—into one cohesive entity, so this post about building a brand that encompasses many things really spoke to me.
How to Handle the Negative Voice in Your Head via Laura @ Mommy Run Fast – Great, actionable steps for dealing with negative thoughts.
What’s something you’re loving this week?
What are your weekend plans?
Mine: working. Woo.