Happy Friday! I hope you’ve been having a wonderful week! My week has been incredibly busy (just started a new online course) but I feel like I’ve gotten a TON of stuff accomplished! I’m excited that today is my first day off in a week and a half, although I’m still going to head to Pure Barre to take a class. I can’t help it, I’m addicted! I have a 5K tomorrow and I’m going to a comedy show in the evening with family. Lots going on, but it should be a really fun weekend!
Here’s what I’m loving this week:
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Sweet relief for your tight, sore hips!
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
1. One of my Pure Barre besties got engaged! My friend Olivia got engaged a week ago and I am SO EXCITED for her! She and her fiancé have been planning to get married, but the timing of the engagement was a total surprise, so way to go, Dan! She’s so happy which makes me really happy. Yay! And now I’ll be living vicariously through her as she plans her wedding. 😉 And I’m going dress shopping with her today and tomorrow and I am really pumped for that, too!
2. My fitness students. I really am loving being a fitness instructor as my primary income. I had a funny thing happen in my yoga class last night: I had a student who was struggling to get into pigeon pose because he’s tight in the hips. (Really, who’s not these days?) I suggested using a block under his hip, and when that didn’t seem to change things, I suggested that he try a reclining pigeon variation. His reply: “But I want to be like all the other people,” which made his wife who was sitting beside him laugh, and I almost started laughing, too. Strict yoga teacher Beth was thinking to herself that he should let go of that desire and do the pose that’s right for him, but it just made me laugh.
2. New glasses. I ordered new glasses from Warby Parker and they finally came in last weekend! I’ve honestly needed them for a while; my old glasses were probably five years old and my prescription has changed slightly. So glad to have these beauties now!
3. An awesome Periscope worksheet. My friend Abby from Back at Square Zero put together this awesome checklist for broadcasting on Periscope that I would suggest all of you check out if you’re on Periscope. It’s really helpful and it’s free—what more could you want?! Also, sign up for her social media mailing list ’cause she’s giving out some really awesome advice there, too. (The form is in her sidebar.)
5. Pumpkin Chobani! I know some of you are haters and aren’t ready for fall and pumpkin everything, but I am! 😉 I’m so excited that I found these awesome pumpkin-flavored yogurts from Chobani at the grocery store yesterday. Can’t wait to dig in!
Linking up with Heather for Friday Favorites!
What are you loving this week?
Pumpkin yogurt – Yea or nay?
What’s in your plans for the weekend?