Happy Friday, lovely readers! I am very excited for Friday because it’s my one day off this week. (I have a problem saying no and am working like crazy.) I have a to-do list that’s a mile long, so I’m hoping to make that a lot shorter today. Along with having the day off, here’s what I’m loving this week:
1. My awesome Canadian Starbucks mug. Ange brought Suz and I these adorable Canada Starbucks location mugs and I am loving mine! It’s adorable and it allows me to consume coffee. What’s not to love? (Thanks, Ange!!)
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Sweet relief for your tight, sore hips!
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
2. Photos from my photo shoot! I think I’ve briefly mentioned this before, but I’m working on rebranding my blog since I no longer just blog about running. To help with the rebrand, I had my friend JoAnne, owner of JoAnne Hurley Photography, take some photos for me and I’m loving the preview shots! Can’t wait to get the rest! If you live in the Chicagoland area and are looking for a great, reasonably priced photographer, definitely give JoAnne a call!
3. School supply season! I love shopping for office supplies so much. Always have–even when I was a kid, I got so excited to buy school supplies. (Side note: one of the many reasons I am loving working at my Pure Barre studio is because the other teachers there also share a love for office supplies. We fawn over planners. It’s true love.) I’ve been geeking out at the Target Back to School section, and getting weird stares from the other shoppers in the department, like, “What are you doing here? You’re too old to be in school yourself and you don’t have any kids with you.” Flair pens and Post Its, here I come.
4. Having fun with the #YCMSummerStretch Instagram Challenge. One of my favorite teachers ever, Bridget, moved from the Chicago suburbs to Minneapolis a while back. (If you have kids, you MUST check out her stuff!) I learned so much about teaching yoga from her, and I really miss taking her classes. Anyway, I am so excited that she’s co-hosting this fun yoga challenge on Instagram, and I really love that the challenge isn’t about doing a bunch of crazy poses. It’s not too late to join in on the fun if you’re interested!
5. Periscope! I recorded my first Scope last Sunday and have been loving playing around with the app. I’m still on the steep upward slope of the learning curve, but I’m so excited for the potential I see with Periscope to interact with people real-time and help them with the questions they may have about fitness. So excited! I’m on Periscope at @runwithsunrise if you want to follow me. 🙂
Do you share my love of office supplies?
Have you ever done an Instagram challenge?
Are you on Periscope? What do you think of it?