Can I take a moment to talk about how I can’t believe it’s Friday again? Maybe it’s because I’m getting older, but I feel like each day goes by faster and faster. Slow down, time! And, because it’s Friday, I’m sharing my five favorite things of the week and linking up with Heather, Clare, and Katie.
1. The Full Focus Bra from Athleta. I picked up a couple of these at an event for Fit Pros (fitness teachers registered with Athleta) and have really been enjoying them. Big bonus: if you’re a fitness teacher you get 30% off at Athleta, double what you get at lululemon. Also, a side note: if you like Athleta, they’re having free shipping until May 21st, so take advantage of that! Use code FREE2DAY. Restrictions apply.
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
2. Getting in some extra sleep. One of the big reasons why I’m scared to become a parent: I love to sleep. A lot. This week I was able to catch up on some of the sleep I lost over the past few weeks and I’m feeling a lot better. Coffee helps, too.
3. Udi’s Gluten Free Granola. I don’t need to eat gluten free, but I like the taste and consistency of this granola a lot. I’ve actually been enjoying the fact that it doesn’t have big clusters like some other granolas do. I’ve been mixing it with Greek yogurt every morning and loving it.
4. Having healthy pups. Scott took our two dogs to the vet yesterday and she said that they’re in excellent health. I’m very glad to hear that, since as they get older (Maggie is 8 and Chloe is 7) I start to worry more about their health. So glad to hear they’re doing well and generally at a healthy weight. (Chloe needs to lose a pound or two, not too much, but she may be my running buddy for a little bit.)
5. The Orb. I’ve been having some pretty big issues with my right hip and leg for the past few days, big enough that I took time away from working out to heal. I think the issue might be stemming from a tight piriformis and moving down into my hamstring, but I’m not 100% sure. Need to make an appointment to get a massage to see if they can tell what’s going on. In the meantime, I’ve been using an Orb to massage out the really tight spots like my piriformis. It’s amazing how deep this little guy can get.
What are you loving this week?
Are you a big fan of sleep, too?
What are your plans for the weekend?
I’m working, as always, but I’m working shorter shifts, which will be nice.