Happy Friday everyone! Can I count the fact that it’s Friday as one of my favorite things of the week? 🙂 I haven’t had a day off in about two weeks between the two jobs, and although I have to do a few things today at the barre studio, I do plan to take a little bit of time to relax. And to catch up on blog and running coaching stuff.
Here are five things I’m really loving this week:
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Sweet relief for your tight, sore hips!
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
1. The Art of the Updo kit from Sephora. Now that I’m barre tending and practicing to become a barre teacher, I feel like I need to look the part. I picked up this cute kit at Sephora so I can do my hair all fancy. So far my only try succeeded in giving me Kathryn Janeway hair, but she was a pretty awesome captain, so I’ll take it.
2. Sugar cookies. Specifically, sugar cookies from Corner Bakery. I snagged one over lunch in Denver and it really hit the spot. I got them a lot over the winter and I used to share them with my then-manager because I liked the soft middle and he liked the crispy edges. Fond memories, and the cookie was amazing, especially after finishing my clean eating challenge.
3. Getting a massage. I have not yet had said massage, but I have it scheduled for this afternoon. After teacher training and all of these barre classes I’ve been taking, my muscles need some TLC. Looking forward to the pain. (I’m getting a deep tissue massage—my muscles need it!)
4. Pretty wrap bracelets. I’ve been wearing the other pieces that came in the Rocksbox I mentioned in last week’s favorites. I’ve been rocking the crystal wrap bracelet and I love that it pairs well with my “athleisure” style. (I.e. I never wear anything but leggings because I don’t have to. Choose your jobs wisely, ladies, and you can have the same luxury.) I love that a great piece of jewelry can really dress up an otherwise pretty casual outfit, even if you’re wearing leggings. And I love the shot I got of the bracelet, too. I’d say that maybe I have a future as a fashion blogger, but let’s be honest, I have no fashion sense if it doesn’t involve leggings.
If you want to try Rocksbox you can get your first month free using the code runningwiththesunrisexoxo
5. Coffee. Thank you, coffee, for getting me through the craziness of working three jobs (four, if you count the blog) and through only getting two hours of sleep Sunday night and having to be at the barre studio at 8 AM on Monday morning. You are my BFF this week.
What are you loving this week?
Do you consider yourself fashionable?
Favorite kind of cookie?
I have always been a big fan of sugar cookies. That’s how boring I am.