1. Sick days. I got bumped up to full time a couple of months ago and one of the benefits I get now is sick time. I had a nasty cold this weekend and I was able to go home so I didn’t infect my coworkers without having to worry about losing out on getting paid for the hours I missed. Folks with jobs that have great benefits packages, be grateful for what you have.
FREE Hip Openers for Runners Guide
Get the best hip-opening yoga poses sent straight to your inbox.
2. This blog post about Pinterest. I saw a link to this post, “Bloggers: 9 Reasons You Should Be Deleting Your Pins” on my Facebook feed and I thought, “What? Really? Deleting pins? This lady is crazy.” But then I read it and last weekend I tried deleting all of my posts that didn’t have any likes or repins and have only been pinning directly from the original source this week. Already this week I’ve had about 24 new follows when I only had 8 the previous week. I’m a believer now!
3. BoardBooster. I was reading through some blog posts about Pinterest optimization and came across BoardBooster. (Contains affiliate link, but check it out even if you don’t go through the link—it really is a great tool!) BoardBooster is an easy to use pin scheduling program. It creates secret boards that you can pin to, and then it automatically moves pins from those secret boards to your public boards at a schedule set by you. I’ve just been using it for a few days but I’m really loving it so far!
4. Money + Mindset Workshop. I went to a workshop Wednesday night sponsored by the Windy City Blogger Collective, half about taxes for bloggers and entrepreneurs, half about the mental side of stepping away from a typical 9-to-5 job to start your own business. If you live near Chicago, I highly recommend going to their next session. It was really informative and I learned a TON. Bonus: yummy salads from Farmer’s Fridge (pictured in photo above) and wine delivery from MiniBar (seriously, they deliver booze). I think they’re planning more of these seminar, so keep an eye out on the WCBC page.
5. Restorative Yoga. I’ve made it to a couple regular vinyasa classes this week, but since I was sick earlier in the week I’ve been doing a ton of restorative yoga and am loving it. Hoping to write more restorative yoga posts soon! (In the meantime, if you haven’t yet, check out my Recovery Yoga for Runners post for some great restorative yoga poses.)
And, my most favorite thing of the week: you guys. Thank you so much for your supportive comments on my anxiety post yesterday. It means a lot to know that I”m not alone on this journey and that I have a lot of friends to travel with.
Do you have any plans for the Super Bowl?
Have anything exciting happening this weekend?
Favorite type of yoga?